Who this is for:
- Ground Disturber
- General Contractor
- Project Manager
- Site Superintendent
- Property Owner
- Utilities Locator
- Private Locator
The 5 W’s before you start:
- Who needs this information?
- What type of work is being done in this area?
- What utilities are in the area?
- When is the work starting?
- Where is the locating taking place?
- Why this information is required (job specifics – depths, distances).
Required information on the Locate sheet:
- Address of the locate
- A written description of boundaries of the locate area
- Sketch of located area identifying the utilities located
- Identify the type of work being done in this area
- Indicate PUBLIC and PRIVATE locates
- Name utility owners (Hydro, MTS, etc.)
- Name of locator
- List the marked utilities
- How were they marked (paint, flags, stakes)
- Indicate warnings and cautions
- Date of issue and expiry
Confirm prior to starting work
- Locates are valid
- Written descriptions and sketches match the work area
- Locate marks are clear and visible
- Emergency contact for known utilities
- Emergency Response plan in place and all people involved are aware of the procedure